Providing too much information about certain traders in the past
has caused some controversy. I shall therefore only
provide links to traders that I would recommend, and
may qualify that recommendation in certain situations.
Weapons and Armour
- Lancaster Armouries
- Weapons and armour designed for full contact use. The armour is simple and functional, with the added benefit that you can assemble the arms and legs yourself and save an extra few pounds, or uncle Roger will do it for you. I am not aware of any of Roger's production swords breaking during a re-enactment event.
- Armour Class
- Armour Class manufacturer ideal swords for beginners. Simple and fairly light, these swords will serve you for many years. As an added bonus, if your blade should ever break then Armour class will replace it for you, free of charge. You can't ask for more than that.
- Heron Armoury / Tim Noyes
- Another producer of very fine, light swords. I have one of his daggers and it has served me very well for 10 years. Very good customer service as well.
- Cloak'd and Daggered
- OK, so I am probably biased, since Jackie (who runs Cloaked and Daggered) is a friend of mine - but then all the traders who I have dealt with regularly have become friends of mine. Anyway, Jackie makes esceedingly nice clothes. You can buy off the shelf, or she will make it to fit, in the colour you want.
- Artisan Accessories
- Debs and Jason make some amazing kit between them; Debs the clothes and dresses, and Jason the bronze work and mail.
- Past Tents
- Past Tents - exactly what it says on the labels. Tents from the past. Good, quality British workmanship, good prices and turn around times.